14 August 2012

21 Months

My oh my.. Noah turned 21 months old last Friday. I feel like I literally just wrote his 20 month post a few days ago.

The biggest news upon turning another month old is how much more vocal he is. When before we would try to get him to repeat a word and he would just smile and giggle at us, now he makes an attempt to say it back. He mostly just pronounces one-syllable of the word - hippo = po (and sometimes po po), kitty = tee, choo choo = choo, light = ligh, etc. I wish I could write down all the words he has tried to say and maintain some sort of count, but he literally says so many now there is no way to keep track.

He also tries very hard to count - for instance today we were counting his toes and he says: two, two, two, three (or maybe it was free).

Still loves to read books and he is back to liking his baths, although we don't like to sit, ever.

He is still wearing 9-12 month shorts, but some of his 12-18 month shorts actually fit pretty decent now too. Still wearing some 12-18 month shirts, but mostly 18-24 month shirts - once again mostly due to outgrowing the necks. He wears size 5 shoes and he graduated about a month and a half ago to wearing size 4 diapers. My estimate is that he weighs in right at 24 pounds, but since we have no 21 month appointment we won't get an official measure.

His picky eating habits are still around and he frustrates us all the time by refusing to eat even the foods he normally likes. I thought he was making progress the other day when he came over and asked to try some new foods off my plate. He tasted a green bean, a noodle, and some fish, but did not like any of them. Still, I am hopeful that he is thinking about expanding his food options as it must get boring eating the same four things all the time.

And finally, here is our most recent growth photo shoot.






No comments: