18 February 2014

Valentines Day

This is the first year that Noah gave out valentines to his classmates at school. I decided to do something crafty, so I pulled up the popular heart crayon valentine project from Pinterest. The first thing you do (and the most challenging) was unwrap an assortment of crayons. I tried to save all of Noah's broken crayons from the past year, but getting the paper off them was a bit hard so I ended up tossing most of them and using some good crayons. Not like he doesn't have enough.

Next you put the broken crayons into a heart mold, like this one I got from Ikea



Then you pop the mold into the oven for fifteen minutes at 230 degrees. After they cool, you can pop out the individual hearts




I found this downloadable valentine from another blog and attached one of the hearts to each one (with duct tape). And that was it!


Lest we forget, here is my other little valentine






No comments: