28 November 2017

The Pig Adventure

Every time we pass Fair Oaks Farm on the interstate coming from Indiana I remember how much I want to take the kids to check it out. I had it on my calendar, tentatively, for the last two summers, but it never worked out. Finally, this July we had a free day and so we set out to visit the farm. We arrived at lunchtime and ordered some gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches made with their own cheese. They were very tasty.




They have two "adventures" at the farm: pigs and cows. We didn't have enough time to do both, so we picked pigs since pigs are cuter (but not as cute as these two pig riders).



We had some time before our bus departed and Noah really wanted to do the bungee trampoline, so we stopped there first. I'm always excited when Noah wants to try something new and it's even better when he loves it!




 We still had a few minutes, so the kids rode the little train too.


There was a fun little pig themed area at the pig depot




Having some fun with the virtual piggies before entering the main event




 The first stop we made was to the gestation wing - the piggies here were all pregnant




The next stop was the newly born piglet wing




Wyatt noticed this spotted one and was so excited


Here's a little guy we got to meet up close




Charlotte poses with the "growing up piggies". You would not believe how many pigs were in this facility. My pictures do not capture it at all.

This video does a slightly better job: https://youtu.be/4E92LMKG3F0


Having a little fun back at the pig home base


This is what I imagine the inside of Piglet's house looks like






We made another quick stop at the plant building



It was a beautiful day and a really beautiful campus



We couldn't leave without having a little homemade ice cream


No comments: