05 March 2019

Winter Break

Christmas may be over (and we took our decorations down in record time), but we can still wear the Santa hat.


On Winter Break, Noah did the nature center's winter camp again and I took Charlotte and Noah to one of their drop-in programs one day too. Wyatt was off with Grandma and Papa on a special overnight.


Everyone really loves the nature center's guinea pig.



One night over winter break, I took Noah to a Harry Potter event (his first!). I finally had the kids watch the first HP movie so they (and especially Noah) knew what it was all about. They all really liked it. It was an event hosted by the wildlife rescue center, so it was centered on the animals and animal spells of Hogwarts. It was a fun night and our HP loving friends also came.


Noah was so brave and actually enjoyed holding this beetle. I am forever scarred by those bugs from The Mummy movie, so no thanks.




Professor Snape had the most most enjoyable class. These weren't actors, but animal rescue staff, and he did a really fantastic job staying in character.


Fleur Delacour gave us an owl lesson.



We also met Bellatrix Lestrange


And Nymphadora Tonks brought out a few snakes for us say hello to


Finally, we met this fun gnome whom I'm guessing is a part of the Magical Creatures movie that we haven't seen yet.


On Saturday night, we all went out to see the Spiderverse movie.


And on the last day of winter break, we watched the Bears in a heartbreaking game




We found a way to amuse ourselves despite the loss










No comments: