One day we even went all the way down to our library (the one we are actually members of) and finally signed him up for his first library card.
Another day, after swim lessons, an ice cream treat was on the menu.
Here is trying out my hands-free headset
One week he traded in his usual camp for a special camp a few towns over. I wasn't sure he was going to like it and thought he might be sad to leave his friends, so I really tried to get him excited about how it was a "real" camp. I explained how they had their own grounds and it wasn't like his other camp that just hung out at a school and the older kids actually got to sleep over at the camp. We had had a tour back in April, so when we got there he recognized it. And to my surprise, he loved this camp. He loved the pool, and the pickle shack (snack shack), and the more structured activities, and just the whole atmosphere. I wish we could make this his full-time camp next year, but it is a little pricey and far from home. But I promised him he would get to go at least two weeks next year.
One day we played hooky from a sporting activity (well we arrived late on purpose) so we could stand by the tracks and watch a steam engine roll through town. It was so cool and so worth it to miss a few minutes of class.
I love hanging with this sweetheart (that's his "I'm so sweet" face apparently)










No comments:
Post a Comment