11 May 2016

Live!

I took the boys to see Sesame Street at the local theatre again. This was Wyatt's first time in a theatre seeing a live show and I think this was Noah's fourth Sesame Street show. The boys were excited to be home from school and to go on an adventure with mom.



I wasn't sure if Noah was going to enjoy the show this year since he's five and he was never really that into Sesame Street at any point, but he seemed quite interested when it started and really enjoyed meeting a few of the characters (I always buy tickets up front near the aisle so we can meet them). He said hello to Ernie and Zoe and was even able to fist-bump the Count.






I had a feeling Wyatt would be nervous about seeing so many large characters dancing around on a stage a couple feet from our seats. And at first he was and he wasn't sure what to make of it all.
 

And then he decided that the show was too loud (it wasn't).


But after about ten minutes he started to enjoy it and kept asking me where Elmo was every time he exited the stage. Afterwards, I gave him the show program and for about a week he would just stare at it and point to the picture on the front cover excitedly. And he's been a little more into Sesame Street when it comes on TV now, so I think the show made an impact on him. Wait til he finds out who we're seeing in December..





After the show I picked up some lunch and then left them to eat and watch TV while I finished up some work. After a while I noticed it had gotten pretty quiet, which is quite unusual around here. And what I found were two exhausted little theatre goers.


No comments: