23 July 2016

Five + Half

In May, Noah turned 5 1/2 months old. He says lots of funny and random things, as most children do. If we try to tell him something that he doesn't really want to hear he'll reply, "I know that" or sometimes "who cares". If we tell him he can't do or have something that he wants, his quick reply will be "I know, I was just joking." Once when he said something that made no sense his reply was, "It's funny to me, but not to you guys."

While at the zoo a couple weeks ago we spotted some seagulls eyeing our lunch. Now, Wyatt had a run in with a seagull about a year ago in the Target parking lot when it swooped down and stole his half eaten fruit bar right out of the cart and he has never forgotten it. Every time he sees one he'll shout, "The seagull stole my fruit bar!" So Wyatt is obviously freaking out by the gang of seagulls hovering over us and I say to him, "Don't worry, I won't let them take your food." And then Noah stands up and shouts, "Not on my watch!" Which was funny and nice because he's not usually the one to come to his brother's rescue.


He's very serious about his art projects and has dozens of them hanging around the house for us to enjoy.




He's completely mastered the television and can enjoy any show he wants at any time of day thanks to Netflix and it's abundance of children's programming. Here he is watching his current favorite show, Yo Kai Watch.


While I worked at home for a few months, I was able to enroll him in a traditional summer camp through the Park District. He really enjoyed doing his Camp Sunshine, making crafts, having water days, and going on field trips to places like the zoo, mini-golf, children's museum, and a local farm.



No comments: