08 July 2016

Noah's Year at Little Sprouts

I knew Noah was going to love his time at the nature center Little Sprouts program, but I didn't realize just how much he would LOVE it. He learned so much about nature and animals and would literally run to a station the second we walked through the door. The teachers told me he was always up front near one of the them during the daily nature hikes and was one of the only kids who really listened to their lessons. We are so proud to hear him talk about stinging nettle and what animals are nocturnal and pointing out what skunk cabbage looks like. I'm sad that his time in the Little Sprouts pre-school is over, but I'm glad that they have other summer and winter programs for older kids so I know I will be enrolling him in those. Here are some pictures they posted over the course of the year of Noah's time in class.


















In March, the parents were invited to a pancake breakfast and a lesson about tapping trees for sap. This is Mr. Bob the maple syrup expert. They don't make their own maple syrup anymore because it is very time consuming, but they do make enough for demonstrations and taste tests.



Their last class was the beginning of May and they had a family picnic. I left the other two at school so I could spend one on one time with Noah on his last day at Little Sprouts.




Noah and Ms. Sally. He told me the other day that he really missed her. 


We explored his classroom one last time and he showed me the bulletin board and how to get the "big word of the day" out of the mailbox







Before we left, we stumbled upon the turtles' lunchtime so Noah had a chance to help feed them some worms




Only two more months until my next Little Sprout starts his nature experience!

No comments: