05 January 2018

Brookfield Overnight

Noah and I did a Brookfield Zoo overnight sleepover with Cub Scouts at the end of October. It was a little pricey, but I thought it would be a fun way to celebrate our fall birthdays.


We got a prime spot in the corner of the room. That meant nobody would ever be trampling on us and we had lots of places to put all of our stuff.



The kids did a few art projects as well as make an enrichment for a specific animal. We also did a night hike, although we weren't allowed to bring flashlights or cameras so we couldn't disturb the animals.



Check out how well I free drew this frog for the skeleton craft


The next morning we got up bright and early and had another hike around the zoo. Visitors don't often get to see the animals this early, so it was quite a treat to see how differently they acted in the morning. Most were enjoying their breakfast.




The best part was the entire wolf pack was out and standing around on wolf hill. I've never seen that many wolves all at one time.



All of the kids in our group.



We also delivered our enrichment to the lemurs. They loved it and ate it very quickly.




Noah wanted to stay at the zoo after the tour was over, so despite not getting any sleep because the floor was so hard (me, not Noah), we ended up staying until 3pm. Boy was I exhausted, but it was Boo at the Zoo and Noah had a blast. It was nice to hang out with just him for a change.




The animals love Halloween time too


I really just wanted to go home, but how could I say no to this face?



While checking out the sea lions, we bumped into Wyatt's former Little Sprouts teacher who was on an internship at the zoo. She was engaging the sea lions in a little play time through the window.


No comments: