I decided to keep the tradition I started last year going and we did something Christmasy every day in December leading up to Christmas Day. Some things we did were the same, others were new.
On the first day of Christmas we started our Advent calendars. Noah had the Grinch, Wyatt had Jurassic Park, and Charlotte had Santa.
Wyatt finally and to his sheer delight, started swim lessons like his big brother. He spent one day in White level (the first level) and they promoted him immediately to Red level. He was ready and raring to go.
We stopped by Jewel to pick up baking ingredients. As we were browsing the baking aisle, Jewel's crazy mascot JoJo literally jumped into our aisle out of nowhere. It was a bit startling, but even Charlotte enjoyed his funny antics.
We also stopped by the local Lionel Train Club's open house for the first time ever. The kids enjoyed pushing all the buttons.
Later, we made Gingersnaps for my cookie exchange. We used a recipe from Noah's new baking book.
And finally, that night Nick and I went to his annual Village Christmas party.
On the second day of Christmas, I went to my cookie exchange and then we took the kids to the annual Christmas in the Commons kick-off to meet Santa.
We tried out a new Mexican restaurant where the kids kept shouting out "Chorizo!" the funny sounding food from the movie Coco. I guess I shouldn't have told them it was on the menu.
We also played a little dress-up. Nick won a fire fighter back pack filled with goodies at the Christmas party and Wyatt had to see how it looked with his fire fighter costume. Oh, and Charlotte wanted to be a robot.
On the third day of Christmas, we did a bedtime Christmas story. Charlotte kept punk-ing my picture.
No comments:
Post a Comment