We hosted Thanksgiving as it was our year again. I don't mind hosting as it forces me to clean the house.
We made our usual turkey recipe and it came out just as good as always.
Kurt didn't make it because of a kidney stone. We made sure to tease him about how much corn he was missing. My favorite part of the night was when Karen was telling Grandma why Kurt wasn't there and she said "Kurt's in the hospital. He's not going to make it." I quickly jumped in to explain that he just wasn't going to make it to dinner. I don't think Grandma noticed. Sadly, this was her last visit to my house and the last holiday we actually spent with her. Thanksgiving is also the last time my mom was at my house so I'll be having some interesting associations with this holiday now.
I'm now wishing I took some more pictures, but all I have are these three clowns. Cute clowns though.
We missed the holiday parade this year because it was raining and we just didn't feel like going. On Saturday we drove out to Iowa to celebrate Jax and Owen's 6th birthday.
And now we're ready for Christmas to begin.


















No comments:
Post a Comment