25 August 2014

Hiking and Splashing

I feel like I am perpetually two weeks behind updating the blog. I will try to catch up this week. A couple weekends ago we decided to go for a hike and wanted to go to a new spot. We randomly decided on Kankakee State Park and after getting only slightly lost (because no cell phone reception in the middle of nowhere!) we found a nice shady trail along the Kankakee River.



As usual, find a body of water = find Noah throwing rocks






Later that day we were invited into our neighbor's pool for a little early evening swimming, which was perfect because we needed a cool-down after our hike. This was the first time Noah tried out his new floaties. The floaties are only adequate to help him learn to swim and don't actually keep him completely afloat by themselves, so Noah was a little freaked out and needed some help keeping his head above the water. Wyatt was all smiles in his baby float.






No comments: