29 August 2017

The Day the Rain Caused a Ruckus

One week at the end of June, Noah had a three-day Green Thumb camp at the Nature Center and I had to take off the Wednesday to take him. I wanted to make sure we utilized my day off instead of just sitting around, so I planned a couple activities. While Noah was at camp, I took the other two to a "messy" class at the library. It was supposed to be outdoors, but it was raining, so they brought it indoors and due to the change in location, it wasn't really that messy.



After we picked up Noah and had lunch, we planned to head over to a local farm that was hosting Wednesday play days all summer (they were only open on Wednesdays). When we got there, they informed me that due to the morning rain and another storm that was "imminent" they were closing the rest of the day. I knew this was absurd because I had checked the radar and the storm was hours away and it currently was only drizzling from the last storm. This put a crimp in my plans so I quickly thought of somewhere else to go. Since we hang out at our Nature Center so much (and since Noah was just there that morning) that wouldn't have been very special. So instead, we headed over to another town's Nature Center to play.



Notice how I planned ahead and the kids were all wearing their rain boots. We were so prepared for a squishy farm.






 Charlotte did not like the snakey.



After playing inside for a while, we headed outside to explore.





Notice how it's not raining. Two and a half hours later we drove back home. It still wasn't raining. I really wanted to drive back to the farm and say, told ya so.


No comments: