27 August 2017
Wyatt's First Field Trip
Less than two weeks after starting at his new daycare, Wyatt got to go on his very first field trip. I tagged along as a chaperone because I was slightly nervous about him going to a crowded place with teachers that he barely knew (and who barely knew him). So one sunny day in June, we hopped on a bus and bumped our way downtown to the Lincoln Park Zoo (I don't remember buses being that bumpy, but man was it bumpy). Wyatt spotted a deer out his window shortly after departing and was so excited to tell his teacher. Once there, we were on our own to visit animals, have a picnic lunch, and explore a zoo that I don't get to visit very often due to being members of another zoo. In addition to the animals, Wyatt rode the train and carousal, enjoyed some ice cream, and purchased an iguana snapper. Despite not seeing any polar bears (we heard about that for a long time afterward), Wyatt and I had a fantastic day hanging out, just the two of us and it was time to head home way too soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














No comments:
Post a Comment